Saturday, October 31, 2009

Kiwi is a fruit best served delicious...

Ah The Locals...why do I love ye so, The Locals? Here's a movie from New Zealand that strangely has not been fondled by Peter Jackson. It's the story of two city boys who get lost late at night in the country, get their car stuck, and then find themselves running from murderous country folk. It sounds familiar but The Locals has a pretty fresh storyline, taking it in unexpected directions at times. I think what makes it work for me is how much I just really like the main characters. They come off as genuine and real, and you can't help but feel empathy for their plight. Dude, this is the only horror movie that makes me cry. What's up with that?!

Surprisingly, The Locals has a shockingly low score on the old IMDB. Maybe that shouldn't be shocking considering it was a majority vote that passed Measure 8 in California last year...just sayin'. Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment